Tuesday 31 March 2009

Little green jug don't I love thee!



I chipped my favorite little cream jug last week.
I can be so clumsy it's excruciating.You know those couple of seconds after an accident when you almost feel you could rewind and do it right instead of wrong and then reality hits there's no undoing the stupidity...excruciating.
I'm so fond of my little jug, I can't bare to throw it out .I bought it in a charity shop about six years ago, so it's any ones guess how old it is.
So this weekend I did a painting of it in watercolour just to immortalise it, and you know what, I think I'll be doing more work involving it. It has such a satisfying shape and delicate colour, no wonder I love it.

3 comments:

Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

What a bore. I have several jugs that I cannot bear to throw out, event though they are chipped.

Great blog. Shall continue to visit.

painted fish studio said...

a beautiful tribute to your beloved jug.

(i, too, get that same "rewind!" moment when i drop or break something i love.)

janie said...

Delighted you stopped by Birchie:)

Thanks Jen, glad I'm not on my own there:)