Wednesday 7 March 2007

Elephants (Trying to hide) at dawn


Another
Illustration Friday
'Hide' is this weeks topic .
I painted this with a semi abstract idea in mind, that of the elephants being barely distinguishable from the landscape in the misty dawn. I have no idea if it works at all, 'cause I know the shapes are supposed to be elephants and so to me they are two, somewhat badly drawn elephants.
Anyway...how do you hide an elephant in a cherry tree?
paint their toenails red.
have you ever seen an elephant in a cherry tree? no?
well, I guess it works then!!
Just a little silly joke from my childhood repertoire.

2 comments:

Audra said...

i really love the softness that comes through with that misty quality you are trying to achieve. i love the color choice for the elephants too :)

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Such great colors! Very expressive.