Monday 19 November 2007

Semi Precious Gemstone Bead Rings

I've started making rings, with sterling silver wire and semi precious gem stone beads.
Diamonds have never appealed to me and having watched the movie Blood Diamond recently they have even less appeal.
But I love stones, even beach stones, I compulsively fill my pockets on beach walks.
Now my stone collection is a little more costly!
I'm discovering gem stones on Ebay and I'm like a kid in a candy store.





These rings above are made with rainbow moonstone, which throws beautiful colours a the light catches it, aquamarine quartz, turquoise and rose quartz.




More moonstone here mixed with pink quartz, and the one on the right has some amethyst too.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I much prefer semi-precious stones, too (and you're likely to pick them up on the beach!). I find they have more interesting colours and markings.