Monday 26 May 2008

Malevolent Magpies



My bird feeders have attracted a couple of uninvited guests, monstrous magpies!
Well monstrous is a bit extreme, they're actually beautiful to look at but their tendency to eat smaller bird's babies is rather off-putting.
Naturally their carnivorous appetite has widely discouraged my little feathered friends from visiting quite so often as they have done in the past.
I'm disgusted, this time last year I was happily enjoying the antics of the Green finch and their chicks as they figured out how the feeder worked. No sign of them this year.






I still have a few blue Tits, coal tits and great tits feeding, and chaffinches too, but there haven't been any baby birdies yet.
I keep shooing off the magpies, but they're really cheeky.
They have pecked a big hole in the bird feeder to get at the nuts, do they think they're vegetarians or something!
I just wish they'd go find some roadkill for themselves and leave my feeders alone.

No comments: