Tuesday 19 February 2008

Six Word Memoir Meme


"Thrills and spills over mountainous molehills"

I've been tagged by
bookbaby
with a very interesting idea inspired by the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.

After much deliberation and soul searching I came up with ..
"Thrills and spills over mountainous molehills!"
It's not easy you know:)

So here's how to play

1. Write your own six word memoir

2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like

3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and
to this original post
if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere

4 .Tag five more blogs with links

5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

I'm tagging these five
creative evolutions
dreams and ghosts
dew
cathy
ian

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it and the cool illustration to go with it! It was fun to do but difficult too. For me, what I might choose to write changes day to day, I hated to commit to one six word sentence. It's a good exercise though, thanks for playing! I hope it keeps going:)

ian said...

I may drop the ball on this, as I am a bit resistant to blog memes (and a total slackass). But thanks for throwing the ball to me.

Alex said...

Hey janie--thanks for the invite. Here's mine:
http://alexremy.com/2008/02/six-word-memoir.html

Debbie said...

Hi Janie - I'm out of town but will get to this when I return! Life has been a bit out of control for the last few months! Thank you! Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love your memoir and illustration!